a great way to have your designs stand out. It is easy to apply and
adheres to most standard plastisols. Standard Colors are Bright Silver, Bright Gold,
Red, Blue, Purple, Copper, Green, Pink, Antique Gold, Teal, Orange and Metallic Black.
Use 3801LF Foil Adhesive in place of standard plastisol for better adhesion. Add (10-15% by wt.) 3802LF Foil Resist Additive to standard plastisol to make the mixed ink resistant to foil. If using waterbased ink, try using Virus Foil Adhesive; this adhesive can also be tinted with Virus Pigments
to match embellishment color. This is useful for multi-color designs
where the foil needs to adhere to only select parts of the design.
- Print your design with standard plastisol ink, 3801LF Foil Adhesive, or Virus Foil Adhesive. You
can also achieve different effects by using bases such as a granite or
blowout base. The foil will adhere better to thicker deposits of ink or
adhesive. Use a 110 screen or lower.
- Cure plastisol, 3801LF Foil Adhesive, or Virus Foil Adhesive at
recommended temperature (320 degrees F)
- Place garment on heat press and set temperature
to between 280 - 320F. Place a piece of foil over the print with the
COLOR SIDE UP.
- Use Firm Pressure 50-85 psi (3.5-6 kgf/cm2 or 3.4-5.9 bar) and heat for 6-15 seconds. (Use a Heat Transfer Sheet over the image to protect exposed printed areas.)
- Raise press slowly. Rub with a cloth to
dissipate the heat and remove wrinkles. Let foil cool completely between
10 to 20 seconds.
- Peel slowly
*Test prior to doing a full production run. Shop and product variables will influence settings and suitability of foil for application.