1811 Non-PVC, Non-Phthalate Granite Base™
is a versatile ink that dries to form a granite or vinyl-like
substrate that can be used alone or in combination with other products
to create various textures and special printing effects. 1811 Non-PVC,
Non-Phthalate Granite Base™ can be printed on light or dark fabrics, as a
flat print or a high density print, producing a wide variety of
textured effects and surfaces. 1811 Non-PVC, Non-Phthalate Granite Base™
can further be enhanced by adding tints or foils
- Clear/cloudy white in appearance, allowing the printer to tint the base using standard plastisol or color concentrates to achieve desired color
- Press ready and offers excellent wash-fastness after
- Can be used on 100% cotton and cotton/poly blend fabrics
- A longer drying time or increased temperature
will also change the texturing
- Can act as a foil adhesive
- Ideal for adding special effects or texture to a design
- Printing on textured surfaces and/or with larger ink deposits can
be used to achieve multiple and varied special effects
100% Cotton and some cotton/polyester blends. Pre-print and test all fabrics for dye migration, ink adhesion, wash fastness and other desired properties before beginning any production.
Ink-deposit thickness will be determined by thread size and stencil thickness. For most heavy-deposit screens use a mesh count in the 60-110 t/in range. Follow manufacturer's recommended tension for mesh used.
Direct/indirect capillary films should be used. For best results, choose a thickness between 200 and 400 microns. Stencil films purchased at required thickness levels allow for better control of ink deposit. Exposure times should be calculated for best results.
325°F - The efficiency of the oven and length of heat tunnel will determine oven dwell time. Dwell time should be increased with a thick ink deposit. Failure to fuse ink properly may cause cracking, poor adhesion and poor wash fastness.
Any environmentally safe plastisol screen wash.
Recommended storage at 65°F to 90°F. Avoid direct sunlight and keep containers well sealed.
Printable Version (Includes Printing Techniques)