a great way to have your designs stand out. It is easy to apply and
adheres to most standard plastisol ink, but for best results use 3801LF Foil Adhesive (plastisol) or Virus Foil Adhesive (water-based). Standard Colors are Bright Silver, Bright Gold,
Red, Blue, Purple, Copper, Green, Pink, Antique Gold, Teal, Orange and Metallic Black.
- Print your design with standard plastisol ink, 3801LF Foil Adhesive, or Virus Foil Adhesive. You
can also achieve different effects by using bases such as a Granite Base or Blowout Base. The foil will adhere better to thicker deposits of ink or
adhesive. Use a 60 - 110 t/in mesh screen. Recommended is printing through 85 t/in mesh, double stroke or print > flash > print at the press.
- Cure plastisol, 3801LF Foil Adhesive, or Virus Foil Adhesive at
recommended temperature by the ink manufacturer. (320°F for Virus Foil Adhesive and 3801LF Foil Adhesive)
- Place garment on heat press and set temperature
to between 280 - 315°F (Do not exceed 320°F. Place a piece of foil over the print with the
COLOR SIDE UP.
Note about temperature: Foil does not need temperature to work. Foil will transfer cold to packaging tape because the tape is tacky. The adhesive needs the temperature and time to become tacky. Check with your adhesive manufacturer for proper settings. However too much heat can damage the foil color and release capabilities. Avoid high heat.
- Use Firm Pressure 50-85 psi (3.5-6 kgf/cm2 or 3.4-5.9 bar) and heat for 6-15 seconds. (Use a Heat Transfer Sheet over the image to protect exposed printed areas.)
- Raise press slowly. Rub with a cloth to
dissipate the heat and remove wrinkles. Let foil cool completely (between
10 to 20 seconds).
- Peel slowly
*Test prior to doing a full production run. Shop and product variables will influence settings and suitability of foil for application.