a great way to have your designs stand out. It is easy to apply and
adheres to most standard plastisols. Specialty & Holographic Colors available are Pebbles, Cracked Ice, Holo Rainbow, and Iridescent.
Use 3801LF Foil Adhesive in place of standard plastisol for better adhesion. Add (10-15% by wt.) 3802LF Foil Resist Additive to standard plastisol to make the mixed ink resistant to foil. If using waterbased ink, try using Virus Foil Adhesive; this adhesive can also be tinted with Virus Pigments
to match embellishment color. This is useful for multi-color designs
where the foil needs to adhere to only select parts of the design.
- Print your design with standard plastisol ink, 3801LF Foil Adhesive, or Virus Foil Adhesive. You
can also achieve different effects by using bases such as a granite or
blowout base. The foil will adhere better to thicker deposits of ink or
adhesive. Use a 110 screen or lower.
- Cure plastisol, 3801LF Foil Adhesive, or Virus Foil Adhesive at
recommended temperature (320 degrees F)
- Place garment on heat press and set temperature
to between 280 - 320F. Place a piece of foil over the print with the
COLOR SIDE UP.
- Use Firm Pressure 50-85 psi (3.5-6 kgf/cm2 or 3.4-5.9 bar) and heat for 6-15 seconds. (Use a Heat Transfer Sheet over the image to protect exposed printed areas.)
- Raise press slowly. Rub with a cloth to
dissipate the heat and remove wrinkles. Let foil cool completely between
10 to 20 seconds.
- Peel slowly
*Test prior to doing a full production run. Shop and product variables will influence settings and suitability of foil for application.